Get Flash

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Thanks from Shadia

Shadia Lutaaya is one of the community White Eagles, and is just starting Senior Three this year. She tells us: “I am happy to have completed S2: it’s a great opportunity that has been given to me by the WEP, and by River of Life. My family wasn’t able to afford to send me to a good school such as Masaka Secondary School, so I feel really privileged to be there!


I sincerely love my teachers in this school because they act as good examples to us. They don’t come to class while drunk [!], they are always smart, and are good at time management. That creates a good environment for them to teach and discipline because they practise what they preach.


Another thing I like about my teachers is that they don’t only teach from books, but they also talk about things relevant to our day-to-day life. This has shaped many of us into responsible students. For those that don’t know, students here in Uganda may have to drop out of school at any stage because of different problems they face, so this makes practical lessons particularly important. Having skills and knowledge in areas such as computer work, food and nutrition, or art can make you a living later on! So, thank you Masaka SS!


 As for my dear sponsor…. I wouldn’t have been able to see and learn lots, and to be at such an inspiring school if it wasn’t for your help. Thank you so much for giving me this great opportunity and I promise you that it won’t be wasted.”


No comments: