Get Flash

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Just the kind of leader we like to see!

It’s been a little while since we’ve blogged about the Leadership Academy. Well don’t let the silence fool you – there’s a lot happening! Have you met Robert? He’s a student in Gulu University doing medicine and surgery. What a great opportunity to make a difference, and be a positive influence in his community.

In fact, Robert has already been taking on some leadership roles at his University – he tells us: “I very much enjoy my life at campus as a leader.. I work as a programmer in the Christian fellowship at campus and in the Medical sector, I’m a coordinator assisting students from Masaka Secondary School, a Canteen head, and a Sanitation Minister in the Guild Counsel”. Phew – all these titles make your head spin, don’t they?
 

He continues: “With all the roles that I play at campus, I thank the Lord for the courage he has given me to run them. I have been challenged in different ways and some of these challenges include managing my time to involve myself in different meetings, campaigns, balancing the books in the canteen and managing my own books.

The canteen that we handle as the medical students helps us to raise money to enable us reach out to different communities in Gulu, as we preach the gospel in action. The action includes treating the sick, helping out to clear bushes around homes so as to destroy the breeding areas for mosquitoes, and sweeping roads to improve on the sanitation of urban areas. We are so thankful that the Lord has enabled us do all those things.

I also take this opportunity to thank River of Life for supporting me and for structuring me into a good and responsible leader that will make a positive influence in my community.”

Well that’s the sort of leader we hope to raise as part of the Leadership Academy. Keep up the good work, Robert!

No comments: